Madeleine Madeleine where art thou?

Is that supposed to mean "where are you?" I didn't study Literature in Sec 3 & 4, so I'm not too sure. ;p I'm not one who can write fanciful pretty English, so Literature is really not my cup of tea.

I prompted Yuri that I wanted to try baking Madeleine, when I saw this blog recipe. It looks so pretty and yummy. It's such a simple cake with great taste. However, she reminded me about the amount of butters and eggs in it. Hmm... I wondered which yummy dessert is not sinful huh? Then she recommended me another madeleine recipe. This recipe uses egg whites. Wow! Doesn't that sound wonderful? Plus, I just bought my madeleine mould on that day, so I'd give it a try. It turns out, the madeleine is very good! It's best eaten when warm, yummy yummy!

Here's a preview of some pictures, will post up the rest soon. :)


3 comments:

Yuri said...
August 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Hey, madeleines look really good and inviting :)

thecoffeesnob said...
August 29, 2008 at 7:41 PM

I'm glad to see you finally got those madeleine moulds and that they work so well. Your madeleines are gorgeous!

Passionate About Baking said...
August 29, 2008 at 10:08 PM

Hi Yuri,
Thanks for your recommendation. I love the recipe and I've eaten don't know how many of those! It is really INVITING!

Hi thecoffeesnob,
Thanks for your encouragement. I'll definitely try your dark chocolate madeleines too! I'm a sucker for dark chocolates! :p

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!