Green Tea Pound Cake

I left a cup of opened sour cream, so I thought I'd better use it up before it got spoilt in the fridge. I decided to try Green Tea Pound Cake, based on the recipe from Zu's Kitchen. I used up all more sour cream, which was much more than what was required in the recipe, therefore, the pound cake turned out to be a bit wet, almost like uncooked. :p



Recipe
Ingredients
113g butter
200g sugar
125g sour cream
1/4 tsp baking soda
149g plain flour
3 large eggs
1 tsp green tea powder (my original was 1 & 1/4 tsp green tea powder. But too strong for this batter.)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat till fluffy.
3. Add the sourcream and mix until well incorporated.
4. Sift baking soda, green tea powder and flour together and add to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating each egg 1 at a time.
5. Pour the batter into a greased tube pan.
6. Bake for 45minutes or till skewer comes out clean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!