Simple 2-Tier Cakes

Early last month, I was convinced by loving baking about Anna's workshops. So I decided to sign up for Anna's Simple 2-Tier Cakes Workshop on 17 May. I was happy when my registration was confirmed and paid. However, I realised that my BITC cake decoration course was also to commence in end April. Suddenly, I felt a tint of regrets to sign up for Anna's workshop. I was also thinking of getting a replacement for the course.

As the day drew nearer to the workshop, I thought to myself then that I might was well go and enjoyed it since what I've learned from BITC so far, is nothing close to what I'll be doing at Anna's. In fact, I was starting to look forward to this workshop.

The day came...And I also met loving baking-You Fei in person. In fact, I reserved this day because I also wanted to meet her since I knew she was going for this same workshop. Very much like what You Fei has said, Anna's class is small, a lot of hands-on and very personalised! This is the kind of classes I really like to attend. In fact, I envy Anna and admired her passion too. She experiment with recipes and created them. She learnt the "hard way", but is very willing to share.

The cake recipe she used for our 4" cake is Orange & Cinnamon which she created herself. I really love this cake. I just love orange (or anything citrus) and to mix it with cinnamon, which is also one of my favourite spice, just left me speechless after eating!! The cream cheese butter cream that was used to sandwich the cake and crumbcoat it was also lip-licking good! Hahaha...


We went through from the basic of baking a cake, to torting it, frosting it and using fondant to cover it and beautify them. As we were really busy doing all those steps, I didn't have the luxury of time to take pictures in between. I wish I did. Her recipe pack was also very detailed, with pictures and step by step. Not to mention also that her elder boy was also "half-entertaining" us. He was just too adorable to be ignored! The workshop lasted a whole five hours. She showed us all the possible designs or props that we can use on our fondant cake.


With her detail teaching, coaching and instructions, all of us came out with rather beautifully designed cakes! I'm very satisfied and happy with my own creation. Unfortunately or fortunately, she has temporarily stop her workshops as she will be delivering to her second prince in July. I wish you all the best Anna! Thank you for your generous sharings!


13 comments:

Anna Chan said...
May 18, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Hi Jane,
Thank you so much for your warmth and well wishes! You really livened up the class yesterday with your bubbly-ness and I will always remember you entertaining my baby boy with the "rrrrribbon" joke. It was loads of fun and I hope to see you again soon =)

Passionate About Baking said...
May 18, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Hi Anna,
Thanks. You've also enriched our decorating skills! Your boy also entertained us with his "ribbon" too! Hahaha...Yup, hope to attend your workshops again! Take care!

youfei said...
May 18, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Hi Jane,

Glad to read up your post on the class! needless to say, I'm so very glad to have met you in person! =D

Now that you're going for cake decorating classes and have completed this workshop, im waiting to see more beautiful creations by you! =))

Elyse said...
May 19, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Looks like it turned out to be a great workshop! Your cake looks fabulous--inside and out. Sorry that I've been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Hi You Fei,
*sweat* Don't stress me leh. I only learn the basics. No opportunity to practice yet. :p Thanks anyway for recommending her workshops. No wonder you were raving all good things about her. Good things must share right? ;)

Hi Elyse,
Ah-ha. That explained your disappearance for a while. I supposed you have done well for your exams too! Thanks for visiting again!

Honey Bee Sweets said...
May 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Nice cake Jane! Heehee, maybe you should make a center piece cake like this for us in the blogger's party yeah! (Being the hostess and all) ;D

youfei said...
May 19, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Hi Jane,

Yep yep! good things must share =D

With your preserverence and stamina for baking, I'm sure you can come up with something fab! haha =)

JIA YOU! =p

Passionate About Baking said...
May 20, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Hi HBS & You Fei.
Don't stress me leh. *SWEAT*

Kitchen Corner said...
May 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Wow Jane! You've been through so much experience! Really admire you! Those cakes really pretty!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 20, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi Grace,
You're back? Yippeee! How did the concert go?
Ya, I tried all sorts. I'm jack of all trade but master of none! Heehee...

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...
May 21, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Hi Jane,

Ur creation is so beautiful...

Passionate About Baking said...
May 21, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Hi Cook.Bake.Love,
Thanks. With guidance from Anna of course! :)

Mavis said...
May 26, 2009 at 1:41 AM

HI, I just came across your blog as I intend to make a fondant cake for my best friend's wedding in July. And your cake is exactly the one ( in terms of colour, design and size!) that I intend to make. I was wondering if you could give me the details of this fondant cake, like the how to make the cream cheese butter cream, how to sandwich the layers, whether the flowers and ribbons are also fondant and how to stick them onto the cake.
I will really appreciate your help. My email address is niboryam@hotmail.com
Thank you in advance.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!