My Course

There are so much stuff to blog, and there are so little time for me to upload the pictures, do a little of editing and to put them up. I'll just make long story short, else I'll make everyone fall asleep!

These are the updates from my course. We've started on chocolate piping and whipped cream piping. We used the non-diary cream to pipe. We've even started to do some very very simple piping on the cake now!


We did some chocolate outlines on lesson 4, left it in the fridge, then did the transfer to our frosted cake on lesson 5. We used piping jelly to fill up our picture. It was my first explosure to piping jelly. Looks quite easily achievable! Notice I only have one big rose compared to my coursemate's. The other smaller bud broke while I was doing my transfer. But it's okay, still can do my fillings on the rest. Learn something new there!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
May 18, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Hi

What course are you attending?There are few baking class held at CC but im not too sure which to enrol but felt your quite interestin..

Qi

Passionate About Baking said...
May 18, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Hi Qi,
I'm attending Cake Decoration Course in BITC. I usually don't go for baking classes in CC because I can't find any information in their website! :p

Anonymous said...
May 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Hi

I have been viewing the BITC website few year but not never enrol because their course so expensive le. Which module are you attending now?

Qi

Passionate About Baking said...
May 21, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Hi Qi,
Yup, I also thought so initially. But after I calculate based on per hour, it doesn't really seemed so. It's one of the cheaper course around. I'm attending the Certificate in Cake Decoration now.

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Hi

To u enrol the bread course before? what made you to enrol the cake decoration as we seldom make cake. Just curious and im considering to sign up the bread course. Heart pain to sign up such a expensive course.

QI

Passionate About Baking said...
May 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hi Qi,
I've not enrolled in any bread course before. I love to eat breads, and I found baking breads consumed a lot of time. There are a lot of schools teaching breads, BITC, Creative Culinaire and Jia Lei. You'll just have to find one that suits your budget and time. I have not attended any, so sorry, I can't really advise you on this. As for me, my passion is in baking cakes, beautifying it and admiring them. So I'm willing to invest in cake decoration. Different people has different needs. :)

Anonymous said...
July 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hi,
May I know how much you'd paid for the BITC's Cake Decoration course? How long is the course duration? TIA.

Chris

Passionate About Baking said...
July 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Hi Chris,
You can find out more details in this website: http://www.bitc.com.sg/courses/postnitec_cakewedding.asp. The course fees and the course contents are here. The schedule can be found here: http://www.bitc.com.sg/schedules/schedules.aspx?c=12. If you need any other information, then you can drop me an email, aloyallyanders@gmail.com. Hope this helps.

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Hi Qi,
I'm attending Cake Decoration Course in BITC. I usually don't go for baking classes in CC because I can't find any information in their website! :p

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!