Lessons 6 and 7

Lesson 6 was all about frosting on a REAL chocolate cake. I prefer to frost on a real cake, than to just practice on arylic boards. :p Even though practicing on arylic boards can do and re-do, I'd rather not to. We used whipped cream to frost our 8" cake. The amount of whipped cream used in the frosting was really "scary"! All these are just for decorating purposes, I don't think anyone will eat all those creams!

My instructor used the blow torch to burn the marzipan slightly so that it will harden and so, easier to keep and used for piping words. Another alternative to using marzipan for wordings is the white chocolate. Most bakeries are already using white chocolates.



Lesson 7 was on royal icing piping. I've not tried piping using royal icing before. The consistency has to be soft. It's not easy to achieve this kind of consistency, and between soft and medium, medium and firm, are just so "subjective"! Haven't master the skill to differentiate this yet! :p We did the piping on cupcakes, quite fun though. But don't expect anyone to eat the royal icings!!



3 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...
May 18, 2009 at 12:53 AM

You have really been industrious and serious about baking....

Passionate About Baking said...
May 18, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Hi Angie,
I like to learn anything on baking and on cakes and pastries. Even if I don't get to sell them, I'd like to know more so that I can bake them well. :)

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Hi Angie,
I like to learn anything on baking and on cakes and pastries. Even if I don't get to sell them, I'd like to know more so that I can bake them well. :)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!