Chocolate Pecan Pie Bar Cookies

Ever since I attended the workshop by Joycelyn on the Ultimate Chocolate Treats II, I've been wanting to bake all those chocolate treats that she had shown us. They're really a good chocolate treats. However, as I have not been baking so often lately, I really have to "prioritise" each of these recipes. It was Chocolate "Pecan Pie" Bar Cookies' turn this week.

This Pecan Pie has shortbread as its base rather than the usual pie crust base. The base is really good, and can be eaten on its own, according to Joycelyn. So I made slightly more to be eaten as shortbread cookies. My colleagues commented that it was really buttery, rich & good!



Then I used the rest of the portion to make the Chocolate Pecan Pie cookies. Instead of using the 55% Valrhona chocolate, I used my 60% Ghirardelli chocolate as I had already opened it previously. The chocolate layer seemed to turn softer faster, maybe it was because I used less corn syrup than what the recipe called for. Nevertheless, the overall taste was really good! I shall try the variations again next time! More chocolate treats to look forward to!


3 comments:

Nuts About Pecan said...
August 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM

That looks so yummy! Will you be so kind as to share the recipe please?

Passionate About Baking said...
August 21, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Hi Nuts About Pecan,
Thanks. I'm kind, unfortunately I cannot share the recipe because it was from a workshop I attended. It's not fair to the Instructor and the rest of the participants who paid for it. Sorry about this.

Nuts About Pecan said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

That looks so yummy! Will you be so kind as to share the recipe please?

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!