Mini Flower Buns

It was almost a "bake-free" day today! I'm given a day off today from baking from my family, thanks to my sister for hosting a dinner at her place this evening. She'll be preparing dinner and desserts, so I'll get the "day off". However, I just don't feel quite right, waking up in the morning, not knowing what to do. So I decided to bake some breads, for my breakfast tomorrow.

As usual, even though I very much wanted to bake Grace's Onion & Sweet Corn Rolls, I was too lazy to go through the steps. So I ended up choosing an easier recipe which I had kept with me for quite a while, from Angie's Forum. It's called "Coin Bread", but I renamed it to Mini Flower Buns as I didn't use a round cutter, but a flower cookie cutter instead. It looks quite pretty when all of them are baked together in a tart pan. The remaining small little dough, I put them into two ramekin-like cups and baked them separately.


Sharing this lovely recipe with you. Modified from 住底樓的波子.


Mini Flower Buns

Ingredients:
300g Bread flour
150g Plain flour
7g Instant yeast
4g Salt
187g Milk
1½ Eggs
90g Fine sugar
75g Butter

Method:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in the bowl of mixer with dough hook.
2. Then add in the liquid ingredients, followed by butter.
3. Knead the dough till elastic, smooth, non-sticky and leave from sides of mixing bowl.
4. Cover with a cling wrap and allow the dough to proof until double in size.
5. Take out the dough and press out the gas produced during the proofing. Divide the dough into two.
6. Let them rest for about 15 minutes.
7. Then roll out the dough to a thickness of 2cm. Cut the dough with a small flower cookie cutter. Try to roll and cut them out as even as possible, so that the buns will not be unevenly cooked.
8. Arrange them in two 10 inch pie pans.
9. Let them proof for a further 45mins.
10. Preheat the oven to 180C.
11. Brush the top with whole egg mixture and bake for about 10 minutes.

If desired, dip the bread with maple syrup, condensed milk, or chocolate sauce, or simply just with milk.


Updated Post: Below was how we had them for breakfast the following day!

5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...
May 2, 2009 at 11:02 PM

It doesn't matter what it is called, after all, the taste plays a more important roll.

Kitchen Corner said...
May 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM

The bun looks really delicious and beautifully baked!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 3, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Hi Angie,
You're right. This recipe is good, and sure taste good!

Hi Grace,
Yes, it's nice and looks "cute" too! Do try it when you recovered!

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...
May 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I tried the Coin bread recipe b4 too, it tasted good but I didn't use any cutter, just shaped the dough into round bun. :)

Passionate About Baking said...
May 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Hi Cook.Bake.Love,
Oh you've tried this too? Isn't this recipe great? Ya, I know with a good recipe, you probably don't need a cutter. However, lately my breads seemed to have turned "hard" on me! Hahaha...So I thot by making them smaller, hopefully them don't turn "hard" so fast, and easier to eat too! I'm glad I did that! I would agree too that even as a bun, it's really nice too!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!