Royal Icings Again

It seems that "Royal Icings" are most versatile, easiest and one of the better ingredients to be used in cake decoration. It's not difficult to get the ingredients - egg whites, icing sugar & lemon, and it's not expensive.


This week's decoration was based on Royal Icings again. For lesson 10 (so fast??), we did masking on dummy cake (made of styrofoam), and did some pipings on the dummy cake. I put my beautiful dove from last week, on the masked "cake". Then piped some fleurs-de-lis and double drop-strings at the sides, using Royal Icing. My other coursemates were also enjoying what they were doing, and all showing their creativity!




Amy did a brush embroidery to show her. Her works are really very fine and nice. Not forgeting, she fed us with some baguettes too! She really spoilt us by feeding us all these time!


The following lesson was on piping flowers using piping nails. The initial look at the demonstration seems easy, but the actual piping was really challenging. Many of us needed her personal demonstration and attention to get the flowers right. It wasn't easy to achieve the real look. Fortunately, we managed to do that by the end of the lesson. Looks like Royal Icing is here to stay for the next few lessons!



Oh yes, I'm just looking forward to the Food Bloggers Potluck Party tomorrow! Finally it's here!

5 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...
May 30, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I am sure you will have a great time at the pot luck party :D

Elyse said...
May 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Looks like you are learnig a ton! All of your designs are amazingly intricate and beautiful! Great job! Sorry I've been away for the past week; I had a good friend in town and wasn't able to do much on the computer. I'm back now, though :)

Passionate About Baking said...
May 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Hi HHB,
Thanks. I'm still hoping you can join. I would really like to meet you, if possible.

Hi Elyse,
Aw...I'm sure you had great fun! Yes, I'm learning lots of designs which I've always been wondering how to do! Time for you to catch up on all your favourite blogs yah?

Angie's Recipes said...
May 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

How many more courses are you going to attend? You are now an expert in baking!
Time to have your own bakery....

Passionate About Baking said...
May 31, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Hi Angie,
This course that I attended is 8weeks, 2 times per week. That makes it 16 lessons. A few more lessons to go and I'll "graduate" from it. I just want to continue attending courses to improve myself. Attending courses can be addicted, and I think I'm addicted! Heehee... :)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!