Your Easy = My Not-so-Easy

I happen to see SSB's Easy Honey Cupcakes yesterday and decided to try it. She called it easy because it took her 30mins to get everything done. I thought might as well give it a try since time taken is only 30mins, so that I can use the remaining time to "drill" my son.

The steps were very clear, instructions everything was really clear & easy. Unfortunately, her easy turned out to be my not-so-easy wor! Firstly, I think my oil and honey cannot mix well. The oil remains as oil on top of the honey. :< Then, after I added the flour, it wasn't very well mixed. It caused some lumps in the batter. I continued with the rest of the steps despite this. I must say, the cupcake was really soft, and even when it was baking in the oven, I can smell the very nice aroma of the honey. Even though there were lumps of flour in the base of the cupcakes, the taste, the texture and the look was really nice! Thanks SSB for sharing this "easy" recipe! :p


2 comments:

Small Small Baker said...
October 16, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Wow, you tried it out so fast.

I have the same problem too. I'm always afraid of deflating the mixture and dare not mix the flour too thoroughly. Luckily for the honey cupcakes, I did ok.

I use a spatula to fold in. I have found a video demonstrating how to make sponge cakes. You can take a look. My oil and honey don't mix well too, but I don't think it's a major problem. Just follow the video, scoop a portion of the batter, mix well with the oil/honey, then pour it back to the original batter.

Hope it helps. I'm not good at this too. :)

http://www.skybake.com/teaching.asp

Passionate About Baking said...
October 16, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Hi SSB,
Your recipe was pretty easy, so I thought I might as well try it! :p Thanks for the video. I shall watch it and try again sometime. I like the softness of the cupcakes!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!