Where's my "feet"?

After having successfully attempted the macarons, I wanted to add flavour to my macarons. So I used the same recipe and added 25g of cocoa powder to it. I was actually contemplating between this recipe that I've used before, or Yochana's recipe. I finally fell back to this recipe that I've "tested & proven" myself.

Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky this time! I've over beaten the egg whites and the resultant was macarons-without-feet! These are the "handicap" chocolate macarons that I made. It actually tasted very good (minus the hollow chewy part, though it's also chewy). I put added orange, coffee and chocolate cream to them, and they are as good as "non-handicapped" ones! No feet, nevermind, still eat! Hahaha...



I also did a 6" Mango & Passionfruit Chocolate Tart.


[Post Mortem (27 Oct 08): Cross section of the tart.]
My family said the tart was nice and chocky. It was because I mixed dark couverture chocolates to it. ;)

4 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
October 27, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Hi Jane,
It seems like macaroons is quite difficult to made. I've no idea how to do it yet. Those little macaroons really catch ladies' eyes. I hope I could make it one day.

Passionate About Baking said...
October 27, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Hi Grace,
Don't be disheartened. If you don't try, you won't know if you could do it. If you are already "steady steady" in your chiffon (ie. beating egg whites), then you're really okay. Do try my recipe (from Martha Stewart), it's really good. I "smart alec" mah, overbeaten my egg whites, never watch over it! Heehee... For each failure that we have, we learnt, right? :p

Kitchen Corner said...
October 28, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Hi Jane,
Thank you so much for your encouragement. I shall try it one day.

Kitchen Corner said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Hi Jane,
It seems like macaroons is quite difficult to made. I've no idea how to do it yet. Those little macaroons really catch ladies' eyes. I hope I could make it one day.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!