Orange Madeleines

I've always love anything that is of chocolate or orange. Somehow, I will try recipes with these two ingredients if it comes to my knowledge. Since I started baking madeleines last week, I was thinking of baking orange or chocolate madeleines already. I found one recipe on Orange Madeleines, and decided to try it.



Recipe
Ingredients
100g Unsalted butter
115g Caster sugar
3 Eggs
125g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
Zest and juice of a half an orange
1/2 tsp Orange extract
pinch of salt

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush Madeleine moulds with butter and lightly dust with flour.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until pale.
3. Add the eggs and beat until combined. If mixture curdles, don’t worry.
4. Sift in flour and baking powder and mix until the flour is incorporated.
5. Mix in the orange zest and juice, orange extract and salt.
6. Place a tablespoon of mixture in each mould.
7. Bake for 12-15mins (using Daiso moulds).
8. Remove from moulds by carefully tapping the underside.
9. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and serve immediately.

Makes at least 25pcs.

7 comments:

Yuri said...
September 3, 2008 at 8:40 AM

hey j, on madeleine frenzy now? they look so good and I love citrus fruits in baking :) in dilemma now, which recipe to try first?

Passionate About Baking said...
September 3, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Hi Yuri,
Yes, both mooncakes & madeleines! I'm into "M"s now! ;) I prefer the previous madeleines. This one turns out to be a bit hard on the inside. I could have overbaked it? If you want to try, try the previous madeleines I bake, ie. the recipe you sent me! ;) Have fun with madeleines!

Anonymous said...
September 4, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Hi Yuri,

Your madeleines look really good, and love the citrus recipe. Coincidentally I made some last night too. Check them out at http://bearyspassion.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

Anonymous said...
September 4, 2008 at 2:13 PM

oops, pardon my blunder on the first line!

Passionate About Baking said...
September 4, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Hi beary,
No worries! Yuri sure is easier to address than PAB! Hahaha...
I saw your magdeleines, very pretty too! The shape is very defined. There are really many different methods of baking magdeleines! But doesn't matter so long as it taste nice, isn't it? :)

Beary said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Hi Yuri,

Your madeleines look really good, and love the citrus recipe. Coincidentally I made some last night too. Check them out at http://bearyspassion.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

Yuri said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM

hey j, on madeleine frenzy now? they look so good and I love citrus fruits in baking :) in dilemma now, which recipe to try first?

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!