Bakings on a Saturday

It's another Saturday again. Saturdays are usually quite busy for me. After breakfast, bring the kids to their Art lesson, while hubby and I go for our marketing. We used to go AMK Ave 10 to buy our weekly groceries. However, since last week, we have switched to Sheng Siong as they have live fish, and I found their range of vegetables are better. I buy whatever I need from there. Some are cheaper, some are not, so it'll offset one another somehow. Better than I have to travel to different places to get different items. :p

I decided to bake another batch of the flaky yam mooncakes, since the last batch wasn't that good. This time, it was much better & satisfactory.



I also prepared dinner tonight since we didn't go to my mum's place as they had other appointment. The roasted chicken turned black very fast as I marinated it with honey. The tilapia fish was 'live' when I bought it in the morning. It was really fresh & the meat was juicy even though I grilled it and looked dried out! The baked cheese potatoes was also nice! All were wiped out at the end of dinner! A good change from the usual meat-veggies-soup-rice meals!

2 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
September 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Hi Jane,
I think you can sell mooncake next year. This mooncake is gorgeous and I believe it is delicious too! I want to buy from you next year ok!!!

Passionate About Baking said...
September 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Hi Grace,
You're just too flattering! I'm still not that good as to sell my mooncakes yet. :p But I'll be glad to give you some to try if I make it next year, yah? :)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!