Christmas Private Workshop

The last workshop I attended was just a month ago. My dear friend, Doris, "jio" (means gather) a few of us to attend another workshop with LA again. I just couldn't reject. Mainly because I like LA's workshop, and also because Doris has attended many workshops and has attained a certain level of complexity in workshops. I know she won't go for anything lesser. So if she wanted to learn, that would mean it will be of certain standard and method. She asked if I would be interested in Passionfruit meringue cakes. Gee... of course I would be.

So finally, the date was settled for X'mas morning since that will be the time when our instructor LA will be available. That morning, we were taught two cakes-Passion Meringue Cake and an Exotic Chocolate Mousse cake (similar to Pierre Hermes).

There were just many many steps to go through to prepare just two cakes. Similar to our previous chocolate workshop, it was rather tedious, but the result? Fantastic outcome!

Preparation of Dacquoise for two different cakes. Coconut Dacquoise for Passion Meringue Cake and Chocolate Dacuoise for Exotic Chocolate Mousse Cake.


LA prepared some extra chocolate mousse with salted choc chips (topped with chocolate meringue sticks) for us to try. It was...HEAVENLY!


LA showed us how to cover the mousse cake by spraying chocolate on it. I've always enjoyed LA's workshops as she always has interesting stuff to show us. Each workshop, I learn different methods and combinations!


Finally, the presentation of the Passion Meringue Cake decorated with fresh strawberries and chocolate meringue logs.


And this was the Exotic Chocolate Mousse Cake which has the salted caramel chips. Very interesting taste.


Each of us get to bring back a quarter of the cake. Each slice is about what you would get outside for about $6-7 each. It's really worth the learning process. I can't wait to try the Passion Meringue Cake as I'm a big fan of passionfruit!



Wish all blogger friends, readers and visitors to my site a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New 2010! May the new year brings in new hopes and new dreams!

7 comments:

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...
December 26, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Wishing you and your family a prosperous new year ahead!

Passionate About Baking said...
December 26, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hi Angel,
Thank you! Same to you too!

Anonymous said...
December 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Hi,

I am interested in attending LA's baking workshop. Do you mind sharing?
My email is hlkwa4165@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks

rgds
Jen

Mrs Lim said...
September 3, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Hi,

I am interested in attending LA's baking workshop too. Do you mind sharing the contacts with me? My email is younoes80@yahoo.com.sg

Mrs Lim said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Hi,

I am interested in attending LA's baking workshop too. Do you mind sharing the contacts with me? My email is younoes80@yahoo.com.sg

Anonymous said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Hi,

I am interested in attending LA's baking workshop. Do you mind sharing?
My email is hlkwa4165@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks

rgds
Jen

Cook.Bake.Love said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Wishing you and your family a prosperous new year ahead!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!