Orange & Almond Pound

I baked an Orange & Almond Pound cake for a colleague who is recuperating at home from cancer. It was really a heart pain to see her like that. Even though we were not very close all this time, my heart went out to her the moment I heard about her case. I was really sad, and I sms her once a while to cheer her up, and give her all the encouragement that I can. I finally found the courage to ask if I can visit her. Even though she looked differently, she is still as pretty as ever. I made an excuse to bake for her, so that I can visit her. She was happy that I visited her, and liked my cake very much. I tell myself, if I have the time again, I will bake for her again, at least to keep her going and make her happy.


This pound cake will be taught for under my Perfect Pound workshop. Sign up for it now!

5 comments:

Quinn said...
December 9, 2009 at 9:17 PM

You make beutiful pound cakes!
I could tell even without eating them that they are not overly moist, packed and dense and crumbly and buttery! Thank you for sharing!

Passionate About Baking said...
December 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hi Quinn,
Thanks so much for your compliments. I'm sure bake as well too! Your food blogs are very impressive too!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
December 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM

The cake is extra beautiful because it was made from the heart. I hope your friend gets well soon.

Passionate About Baking said...
December 10, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Hi Ju,
Thanks for your wishes! Yes, she is very positive and I'm sure she will recover soon!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM

The cake is extra beautiful because it was made from the heart. I hope your friend gets well soon.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!