Homemade Vanilla Extract 2

For the longest time, I've been wanting to make more vanilla extracts. Mainly because I don't want to waste the vanilla pods that I still have. But at the same time, I can't find a suitable bottle to make the extract. I still have the vanilla extract I made the previous time. Ever since I started using my own vanilla extract, I just can't use vanilla essence anymore! Since the last time I made the extract, I had constantly added more vodka and even vanilla beans into it when the volume grew lesser and lesser.

Finally, I found my bottle. Time to make my second bottle of vanilla extract. I got very excited when I made my second bottle. I can dream my dream away that I'll have endless supply of my vanilla extract. Isn't that wonderful?


These were the ingredients that went into my vanilla extract - 6 Madagascar Vanilla pods + Absolut Vodka. Plus two months of "standing" and "shaking".


I packed a small bottle for a dear friend, who has taught me a lot, and shared her baking experience with me unreservely. Thanks dear D! It is really a pleasure to know you!

9 comments:

Honey Bee Sweets said...
December 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Merry Christmas Jane! May 2010 be a fruitful and super great year for you & your family! ;)

Passionate About Baking said...
December 25, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Hi HBS,
Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

Anonymous said...
January 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Passionate About Baking said...
January 5, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Hi Anonymous,
Thank you very much for your compliments and encouragement. Do keep your feedback and comments coming. It's very encouraging to know that it's getting better! :)

Anonymous said...
February 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Nice brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...
February 7, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Well I assent to but I think the post should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...
February 19, 2010 at 2:28 PM

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...
February 20, 2010 at 10:54 AM

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Honey Bee Sweets said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Merry Christmas Jane! May 2010 be a fruitful and super great year for you & your family! ;)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!