Birthday Cake #3

Pondering. Wondering. Thinking. Asking. Questioning. What will be the 3rd birthday cake to make? Well, it's either the best, or the worst. Unfortunately, it was the latter. I was a bit ambitious, wanting to make a fondant cake for the children. With last minute preparation for the goodies, that left me with little, or no time to do the figurines for fondant. With time not on my side, I can only settle for the easiest cake and design-Chocolate and chocolate ganache.

Thanks to Youfei again. We had been on Gmail Chat once a while. Just happened that when I needed some help, I found her there! Heehee... I've been seeking her advice and suggestions. Fortunately, she provided very useful inputs for me, so that I can complete my 2-tier chocolate cake in time. A cake big enough to feed approximately 30 people at LTS childcare centre.


I had spend most of my time preparing their goodies. Instead of the usual plastic bags with party poppers and sweets, I made my own goodies and bought party cups instead.


What's in my party cuppies? It's fudge sweet, mini chocolate chips muffin and gingerbread cookie with either of my kid's names. I also included an ingredient list in case some kids might be allegic to some kind of food, perhaps? I topped the cuppies with Julie's Wheat Biscuits, hopefully to encourage the children to eat more healthy food.


4 comments:

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
December 18, 2009 at 11:30 AM

WOW! You bothered to go through all that trouble? Really salute you. Everything looks great, including the cake! For my son's birthday, I bought a cake for his class celebration. *runs and hides*

Passionate About Baking said...
December 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Hi Ju,
Thanks! Hahaha... you were probably preparing other better home-cooked food for him that you have no time to bake! :)

Anonymous said...
December 24, 2009 at 5:44 PM

It is very interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Passionate About Baking said...
December 24, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Hi Anonymous,
Thanks very much. And I'm glad you find my blog to be of interest. Hope to see you visit again! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!