When Sister Visit

My younger sister brought her sons over to my place yesterday for a swim. Her spouse was on reservist. I was on half day leave. She is a homemaker. Therefore, both of us were and decided to meet up. We haven't meet up for a few weeks as she had gone for a holiday in Taiwan.

While she brought her children and my son to the swimming pool, I quickly whipped up two dozens of chocolate cupcakes. She has been a great fan of my chocolate cupcakes, in particular, this recipe only. :p That explained why she only wanted cupcakes for her birthday earlier this year.


Anyway, after dinner, I gave them the cupcakes plain. I had prepared some buttercream as she really likes the cupcakes with my buttercream. After some hesitation, she decided not to frost the cupcakes, and to eat it plain.

4 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
December 11, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I like chocolate cupcakes too Jane! My previous cho. cupcakes was too bitter for children. May be shall learn this from you :)

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
December 11, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Why did your sis decline the buttercream eventually? I am curious how your cupcakes look, re: the texture. Rich and moist? Or light and fluffy? ;) The batter looks really creamy, so I am guessing they are on the richer side? :) I love all kinds of chocolate regardless. Heh.

Passionate About Baking said...
December 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Hi Grace,
Yes, this cupcake is really very moist and chocky. I got this from Rose Levy's "The Cake Bible". I'll see if I can send you a copy. I won't be posting this up as I'm selling the cupcakes. :P

Hi Ju,
I think she decided not to maybe because I had packed the cupcakes already. :P And we rattled off to some other topics...so we didn't proceed with the frostings! The cupcakes are rich and moist. You're very good in analysing the batter yeah? Yes, it's creamy, so ended up it rich! If you would like to have a copy of the recipe, drop me an email at aloyallyanders@gmail.com and I can send you a copy to try it out. This was extracted from "The Cake Bible" by Rose Levy. I love her recipes!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Why did your sis decline the buttercream eventually? I am curious how your cupcakes look, re: the texture. Rich and moist? Or light and fluffy? ;) The batter looks really creamy, so I am guessing they are on the richer side? :) I love all kinds of chocolate regardless. Heh.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!