Sunburst what?

One fine day, I received an email from a lady, recommended by another friend, who wanted to order a cake for her spouse. She told me her spouse loves guitar and asked if I could do a "Sunburst" guitar shape cake. I was like "Sunburst"?? Gee, I've never been musically inclined, nor do I know anything about musical instruments. The only muscial instrument I played was recorder in my primary school. And the sound that came out from me just went "pee pee pee pee". So I've decided playing musical instrument is not my forte.

Back to the cake order. So finally, she was kind enough to send me a picture of the Sunburst guitar. We discussed how she wanted the picture to be, the wordings and the colour. Thanks to her suggestion, I made the "body" bigger instead of having it in proportion. It was a chocolate cake with strawberry jam and whipped cream. I was glad the couple liked the cake. In order to protect their privacy, I have masked out the wordings written on the cake.

5 comments:

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
December 10, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I had a good laugh! I would have said the same thing - Sunburst???? But you did a great job with the cake. :)

Passionate About Baking said...
December 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Hi Ju,
Thanks! Ya, now both of us know what is Sunburst! ;)

Kitchen Corner said...
December 11, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Very good job Jane! You could easily came out a good looking cake with the special order. Really admire you could take the challenge! Super women!

Passionate About Baking said...
December 11, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks very much! I'm sure you can do it too! ;)

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM

I had a good laugh! I would have said the same thing - Sunburst???? But you did a great job with the cake. :)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!