Tarty


Since last week, I've had this craving to eat chocolate tarts. I prepared the dough, left it in the fridge. Then the next day, I baked the tart crusts. Then I kept it in the air-tight container. Then, came Tuesday...Wednesday...Thursday. And I haven't gotten the chance to add my chocolate! Finally on Friday, since it was a public holiday, I finally decided to add my chocolate.

Initially, I wanted a dark chocolate tart. And thought of adding some Bailey's Creme Caramel. However, it ended up I used the leftover Strawberry ganache from my chocolate workshop on Tuesday. It turned out to be really nice. My sister liked it very much, and bought some home too!


My parents and sister came over to my place for dinner on Friday. I prepared some simple fare - baked pasta and oriental salad. The recipe for the oriental salad was given to me by Amy, who was our instructor for our Wedding Cake Decoration in BITC. She has given us quite a number of recipes for salads and dips. She's really very good.



To backtrack a bit, I baked pita breads last week. It was a bit too thick. My sister requested for it for her hummus. I've not heard of, or taken hummus until she made it. It was supposed to be taken with pita bread. It was really healthy and good! It wouldn't be my last try too!


9 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
November 28, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Hey Jane,
The pita bread looks nice. I tried a recipe before but not that good. Yours one turn out really nice and definately could make few pockets for sandwiches. Very good job!

Passionate About Baking said...
November 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi Grace,
Thanks! Yup, I was glad it puffed up. It was supposed to be smaller and round, but my sister wanted it oval like focaccia. So I baked it so much longer than the time required. Was a afraid it was toughen up. Fortunately, it was still quite moist inside, except that it was too thick for her liking. :p

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
December 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Your "simple fare" sure looks delicious! :)

Passionate About Baking said...
December 1, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Hi Ju,
Thanks very much for dropping by, and your kind compliments too! :)

Anonymous said...
November 4, 2010 at 2:28 AM

It is my first message here, so I would like to say hallo to all of you! It is unquestionably comfort to join your community!

Anonymous said...
December 31, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Hi, Merely returned here to remind you regarding Mobile Monopoly. It is a superb system and WILL make you money, especially seeing as you own a web site. Take a quick look at the video, the strategy is about using Mobile Advertising which is fresh and an unexposed market where you can make thousands by doing hardly any work. I promise you that after you watch their short video it will change you and it will start making you think. http://mobile-mastermind.com

Anonymous said...
January 6, 2011 at 1:06 AM

gixzlqsfy [url=http://ricostrong.net]Rico Strong[/url]

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks! Yup, I was glad it puffed up. It was supposed to be smaller and round, but my sister wanted it oval like focaccia. So I baked it so much longer than the time required. Was a afraid it was toughen up. Fortunately, it was still quite moist inside, except that it was too thick for her liking. :p

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Hi Ju,
Thanks very much for dropping by, and your kind compliments too! :)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!