Chocolate Mousse

I invited my colleagues over to my place for dinner last night. So my domestic helper prepared a sumptuous dinner for us, including three cup chicken, fried bittergourd eggs, mixed vegetables, lotus root soup and oriental salad prepared by me. They enjoyed the dinner very much. I also prepared chocolate mousse for them, they loved it very much and complimented that it tasted just like those in restaurants! :) I was really happy. Before I could even try a cup, my three children finished the other three cups! No more chance.


Recipe for Chocolate Mousse, extracted from Daily Delicious.

Ingredients:
120g Ghiradeli Milk Chocolate
40g Ghiradeli 72% Dark Chocolate
40g Sugar
145g Eggs
170g Whipping Cream
2 tsp Dark rum
A dash of salt

Method:
1. Put the chocolates in a heatproof bowl. Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to boil. Remove from heat and place the bowl over the pan. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Add rum and stir to mix thoroughly.
2. Using electric beaters, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is thick, pale and increased in volume.
3. Add the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, and use the electric beaters to mix thoroughly.
4. Beat the whipped cream till slightly thicken.
5. Gently fold in the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture.
6. Spoon into five dessert glasses and refrigerate till firm, at least 4 hours.
7. Serve with whipped cream and some toasted almond nibs.


Baked a pound cake for another friend again! Hahaha...how boring can I get?!?!

7 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
November 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Hi Jane,
A fantastic dinner couldn't without this finest chocolate mousse! I'm sure your guests love it. Very good job!

Passionate About Baking said...
November 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hi Grace,
Yup yup. Must have some desserts. My domestic helper prepared main dish while I made the desserts! We're a formidable team! Hahaha... Thanks!

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...
November 5, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Hi Jane,

Ur choc mousse make me drooling...just wondering the egg mixture in the recipe is not cooked?

Passionate About Baking said...
November 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Hi Cook.Bake.Love,
Yup, the egg mixture is not cooked. So I think, it's not adviseable for pregnant lady. So my dear, give it a miss okay? Don't crave for it until baby is out yah?

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...
November 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Hi Jane,

This is my concern that's why I raised the question. Could it be all mousse contains uncooked egg? that means I got to avoid eating mousse cake as well.

Passionate About Baking said...
November 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Hi Cook.Bake.Love,
Yup, I would think so. However, some mousse cake might involved the tempering of the egg yolks, making them sort of "cooked". So I think that might mot be too bad. But then again, you never know. Still, better to avoid ya? Can't take chances for your baby ya?

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...
November 9, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Hi Jane,

Thanks for ur advice.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!