Rainbow Swiss Rolls

I have been quite slackened in updating my posts this week. Mainly because I have been baking everyday, till I have no time to update. Otherwise, usually I baked alternate days so that the following day, my post will be up. So now, I'm updating for the bakes that I made for this week.

I made the Cookies & Cream Ice cream earlier this week. Unfortunately, I was too eager to mix them up, that I didn't wait for the custard to be cool before I added the whipped cream. Ended up, the mixture was like "curds". Not a good sight to see and have. The texture, of course, was affected by that. My eldest son helped me in the preparation. A good helper to have for simple tasks! ;)


The following day, I made Rainbow Swiss Rolls. I used the emulsifier cake as the base, then separated them into three containers and added colours to two of them. As there was still half of the batter left, I made them into cupcakes and frosted them with chocolate ganache. For the swiss rolls, I filled them with whipped cream and strawberry jam. They were really good! ;) Even I like the rolls.

Rainbow Strawberry Swiss Roll


Rainbow Cupcakes

4 comments:

thecoffeesnob said...
November 28, 2008 at 6:36 PM

The swiss roll is so pretty!

Passionate About Baking said...
November 29, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Hi Laureen,
Thanks! I actually got quite "furious" with myself when I did the swiss rolls. I had to pipe one colour by one colour. And the batter kept flowing out and I got so frustrated! Hahaha... I doubt I'll attempt this again! :>

Small Small Baker said...
December 3, 2008 at 1:38 PM

But it looks very beautiful. Worth the effort! :)

Walkertpxl said...
November 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM

The swiss roll is so pretty!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!