One Choux, Three Tastes

I was entrusted with two packets of durians last weekend to produce durian puffs this week for my sisters. I made my choux since Thursday and added the durian fillings last evening. Initially, I wanted to topped it up with white chocolates, however, I realised I didn't have white chocolates at home! :p I had milk chocolates and all kinds of dark chocolates, but not white chocolates. Hmm...wonder why I don't have white chocolates.

Anyway, I piped my choux pastries into small tiny mini puffs. So there was more than enough to go around. I made some with chocolate whipped cream fillings for my colleague's daughter, who did well in her PSLE! I did the rest with durian fillings. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough. So I used pastry cream and made the rest into chocolate cream puffs. I like the puffs as they are very light and fluffy. The inside was almost "empty", therefore, I don't even have to remove the pastries inside!



I also did cinnamon rolls this morning. I've always love cinnamon rolls. Too bad most of those cinnamon rolls have closed down. I miss eating those! The recipe for my cinnamon rolls was extracted from Yochana's Walnut Cinnamon Rolls.


3 comments:

thecoffeesnob said...
November 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM

Mmm. Durian puffs.

The first and only time i tried to make profiteroles, the filling was completely absorbed. I must have underbaked them.

The cinnamon rolls look so good! What i wouldn't do to have for breakfast tomorrow.

Passionate About Baking said...
November 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Hi Laureen,
I've tried several recipes for choux. The best is still from Rose Levy's "The Pie & Pastry Bible". I just love her recipes! :)
Unfortunately, the cinnamon rolls were a bit tough. I could've under-proofed them! :p Think you'd better give it a miss this time!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Hi Laureen,
I've tried several recipes for choux. The best is still from Rose Levy's "The Pie & Pastry Bible". I just love her recipes! :)
Unfortunately, the cinnamon rolls were a bit tough. I could've under-proofed them! :p Think you'd better give it a miss this time!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!