Chocolate Moist Cake

As usual, I dug my fridge for any near expired items, waiting to be used. Sour cream was in there for quite a while now. :p So I used it to bake Rose's Chocolate Domino Cake. I've always use this recipe for all my chocolate cupcakes. They stay moist and good even for a few days. Even from the fridge, it stays moist & soft. This recipe cannot go wrong somehow. This is the first time I'm using this recipe for a 9" cake (even though the recipe is meant for 9" cake!)

I dusted some snow powder to create some patterns, but realised I cut the papers too thick. :p


5 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
November 7, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Hi Jane,
This is one my favorite cake. I could see the center of the cake is very moist. Yummy! Which recipe are you using?

Passionate About Baking said...
November 7, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Hi Grace,
Yes, this recipe gives a moist cake. It's really very nice and I have always relied on it to give good results! :p It's from Rose Levy's "The Cake Bible", page 58. Do you have the book? You really have to get this book. It's a kitchen necessity! ;p

Anonymous said...
November 18, 2008 at 8:26 AM

Hi, your cheese cake looks yummy! May i know what brand and type oven you use to steambake this cheescake ? i always have problem when bake cheesecake. Thanks a lot. Regards, Joan.

Passionate About Baking said...
November 18, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Hi Joan,
I use Delonghi oven. It's one of the biggest table top oven. I really cannot remember it's capacity. What kind of oven are you using? What problem are you facing? This oven that I'm using is just slightly shallower than those built in ovens. It can place a 12-regular-muffin tray in there.

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Hi Joan,
I use Delonghi oven. It's one of the biggest table top oven. I really cannot remember it's capacity. What kind of oven are you using? What problem are you facing? This oven that I'm using is just slightly shallower than those built in ovens. It can place a 12-regular-muffin tray in there.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!