Rosemary Focaccia

It was a long time since I can enjoy the early morning sunrise.  On usual weekdays, I would have left the house for work. On usual Saturdays, I would have been at the Serangoon stadium for my usual slow jog. On usual Sundays, I would still be in my dreamland. So this morning, with a layer of clouds hovering in the city skyline, I decided to take some pictures... zooming in to the new Marina Bay Resort and the Singapore Flyer. Here's sharing with you on the beautiful early morning before the sun appears today.
If possible, I prefer to bake breads on Saturdays as I have the whole day to do it. Breads have very take very long floor time! I made Rosemary Focaccias from my previous bread workshop. This recipe produces very very wet dough. It took me a long time to knead the dough (using the mixer)! Even after three hours of two floor time, the dough just didn't rise to double the height. Okay, I said to myself, nevermind, just bake it. However, the moment I put it into the oven to bake, it rose thrice its height! Was this recipe like this?  I really cannot recall! Anyway, after baking, it rose really well, and the holes were real neat. That was what it mattered right? Whew!
Thanks to my dear friend, Grace, I was able to use the cake container she gave me to keep my focaccias, and transport them over to my mum's house for my siblings! No wastage of plastic bags... Hooray! This container is very useful. Big and tall enough for a 9" cake. Now, even two thick focaccias can fit in. Handy!
By the way Grace, do you find any difference in my pictures? Looks sharper and nicer? Heehee... A good teacher produces a good student! ;))

11 comments:

thecoffeesnob said...
May 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM

You leave for work before sun rise and you spend your Saturday mornings running, all with such a gorgeous view from your place? You completely put me to shame, Jane.

Anyway the focaccias look so good! I haven't made bread in a really long time- about time to rectify that! :)

Passionate About Baking said...
May 2, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Hi Laureen,
Hey, don't say that! I didn't do anything extraordinary! It's just part of my daily routine. My spouse & I made it a point to exercise (jogging) once a week, so we made it every Saturdays since we need to go groccery shopping after that.
Yeah, the focaccias were really nice the following day too! Time for you to bake some breads too! :)

Happy Homebaker said...
May 2, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Wow, nice view :)
When I have got nothing better to do (which happens to be quite often!) I will take photos from my house too! Sometimes it is the full moon, sometimes the sunset, and sometimes just like yours before the sun comes out. Your rosemary focaccia looks so good! I haven't make bread for the longest time, I guess it's time to work on my biceps soon ;)

ReeseKitchen said...
May 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Wah... Never bake Focaccia before, and its one of my favourite. Anyway I'm not that good at making breads...;p

Passionate About Baking said...
May 2, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Hi HHB,
Thanks! I supposed you must have nice views from your place too! Otherwise, you won't be taking pictures all the time too! It's good that we appreciate the surroundings, especially when we have good views! ;)
Ah, time for you to make some bread too? It'll definitely go well with your passionfruit and mango jam. Yummy!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Hi Reese,
Oh, you'll be surprised how easy focaccia is! Do you know that it is one of the simplest bread to make? This kind of bread is easy because it doesn't need the height. If you can bake sweet buns, this is even more easily achievable! Do try it!

Kitchen Corner said...
May 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Hey Jane, your focaccia look really really good! The crumbs texture with plenty of holes which is what I long for! It must be a very good recipe! Beside, the pictures looks better than previous one! Hope you enjoy playing with your pictures ya! hehe.. I hope our gathering had boost up your baking spirit again!! I'm so happy to see you post up something here. Keep going my friend!!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 3, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks. Yes, I thought this should be the look of the focaccia, where there are so many holes right?
Thanks for your encouragement always! Yeah, I hope to keep up with my baking activities, so must you! ;)

Happy Homebaker said...
May 7, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Hi Jane, the view from my flat is not fantastic, but I can't complain, I get to see beautiful sunsets. The sun is like a salted egg yolk hanging on the horizon :) btw we finished up our mango jam :_(

Passionate About Baking said...
May 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Hi HHB,
Wow! The sunset sounds really beautiful from your view!
Ah, I'm sure your mango jam finished in no time! It's so fresh, I'm sure it's well eaten! Time to make another batch so that you have excuse to bake breads?

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Hi HHB,
Wow! The sunset sounds really beautiful from your view!
Ah, I'm sure your mango jam finished in no time! It's so fresh, I'm sure it's well eaten! Time to make another batch so that you have excuse to bake breads?

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!