Made of friendship, love and food

Dear Grace,

Thank you for hosting me at your place again. You asked if it was too far for me. My answer is, even though I had to take a bus, followed by Circle line, NS line, then LRT to your place, it's all worth the journey, knowing that I'll be treated well, fed well, and will be having a great time with you. Love Friendship conquers all.

The wholemeal pancakes with homemade peanut butter and blackcurrant jam for breakfast was just fantastic. Your homemade kaya was also truly good! I've learnt more about your secrets of photography. Thanks for sharing it so openly and willingly with me.


Since our friendship started a year ago, we've been the best of baking friends. I've always been a great fan of your beautiful bakes and blog.

For lunch, you made for us Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks, Onion Rings and Bruschetta. It was simply overwhelming! The drumsticks were juicy and tender. The onion rings were so crispy that even when dipped in mustard mayo, the crispiness can be felt through the teeth! The fresh tomatoes and herbs on the toasted homemade Ciabatta made me want to have more! With such sumptuous lunch, how can I still have my dessert?


Your Cream Cheese Dark Chocolate Mousse is something I would die for! The cream cheese is not overpowering, the chocolate mousse is so light it just melt in the mouth. You said I don't have to to finish it, how could I let such divine food go to waste? Especially when it was made with tender loving care?


We spent the lazy afternoon going through recipes. You have so generously shared your favourite recipes with me, teaching me how to make them and making me understand them. I'm ever so grateful to you.

Unfortunately, time don't stand still for us. Even though we spent the whole day together, the day just seemed so short! You still managed to feed me with your Raspberry Swirl, and Chocolate Mint ice creams before I left. I simply love the mint ice cream!


You not even fed me to the maximum, you've also given me your bakes to bring home!! No words can describe how happy I am to have know you. Your Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake, Lemon Pound Cake, Almond Tuiles and Homemade Kaya will be shared with my beloved family. The cake container shall be treasured and used by me often.


Finally, I hope you like my little gifts to you. You have been a great friend, a wonderful buddy and a fantastic chef! Take care my dear friend. Hope to see you real soon!

I hope your wish will be fulfilled soon.

Love,
Jane

11 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
April 29, 2010 at 10:54 AM

WOW!! What a lovely message! Thanks a lot Jane! I try to give whatever I can to you. This is the best I can give and I glad everything worth the long journey. I very much enjoy reading the recipe books and spent the whole night reading it. The most lovely gift from you is "your present is my present!" Cheers!

thecoffeesnob said...
April 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Hey Jane, what a special friendship you and Grace share. That's the beauty of friendship isn't it- that sometimes all it takes is a spark to get a friendship started :)

Looks like you guys had such a feast- everything looks so good!

Quinn said...
April 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Jane, as I've said many times, you and Grace are so lucky to have each other in Singapore and distance is no barrier isn't it in return of a promising good food!

Passionate About Baking said...
April 29, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Hi Grace,
Whether there is food or goodies or not, it doesn't matter, it's your companion that matters! ;p

Passionate About Baking said...
April 29, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Hi Laureen,
Yeah! It just need that one spark to trigger a burning friendship! Haha...Oh yes, the food was truly sumptuous too!

Passionate About Baking said...
April 29, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Hi Quinn,
Yes, we're just fortunate we're in the same country. If we're in different country, don't know if we can meet so often. :p

Pei-Lin said...
April 30, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Hey, Jane! Thanks for visiting mine! Isn't Grace good in everything she makes? So are you! I hope I can learn more from you guys!

Hahaha! Tell you a silly mistake I did just now, for the comment you left me, I hit "Reject" accidentally! Sorry about it! It'd be great if you can resend me another one so that your words can be heard over there ... that I can publish it! Sorry! I know it's silly! *Sigh*

Anyway, nice work! Hope to meet up with all you bloggers down in Singapore in the near future! Keep up with the good work!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 1, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Hi Pei Lin,
Thanks very much for dropping by, and your wonderful comments. :)

No worries, I've "reinstated" it. Heehee... Yeah, anytime you come to Singapore, pls let us know, and we can have some Baking CoP (Community of Practice). ;)

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi Quinn,
Yes, we're just fortunate we're in the same country. If we're in different country, don't know if we can meet so often. :p

thecoffeesnob said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hey Jane, what a special friendship you and Grace share. That's the beauty of friendship isn't it- that sometimes all it takes is a spark to get a friendship started :)

Looks like you guys had such a feast- everything looks so good!

Kitchen Corner said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM

WOW!! What a lovely message! Thanks a lot Jane! I try to give whatever I can to you. This is the best I can give and I glad everything worth the long journey. I very much enjoy reading the recipe books and spent the whole night reading it. The most lovely gift from you is "your present is my present!" Cheers!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!