With abundant bananas on hand, and some left over toasted walnuts from my Walnut Pie, I decided to bake a banana walnut cake. As the amount of banana was quite a lot, the cake has a full banana taste! It was really tasty and sweet! My colleagues love the banana cake and could tell immediately from its smell and look that it's banana!
Recipe for Banana Walnut Cake, extracted from "Baking Code" by Alex Goh.
250g Banana, mash
90g Whole milk
250g Plain flour
2tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
150g Corn oil
50g Chopped Walnuts (add more if you like)
1. Whip A until light and fluffy.
2. Add B into A and whip until thick.
3. Add in C, mix until well blended.
4. Add in D, mix until well combined.
5. Add in E, mix until well incorporated.
6. Add in F, mix thoroughly.
7. Pour into a 7'x7" pan, and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
8. Bake at 180C for 50minutes.
9. Cool completely before serving.