I like buttery melt-in-the-mouth cookies. Sonia's Butter Cookies are a good example. Since I discovered this recipe, I've been baking it for Chinese New Year. This year is no different. However, I decided to enhance the flavour by adding coffee powder. The coffee cookies were very well received by my colleagues. They loved the subtle coffee buttery melt-in-the-mouth texture. I love it too! Make a tub today!
(Makes a small canister)
200g Liv Unsalted butter
45g Icing sugar
150g Plaim flour
50g Corn flour
2 tsps (good) Coffee powder dissolved in 1 1/2 tbsp Kahlua
1. Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy.
2. Sift in flour and corn flour, mix well to a soft dough.
3. Add in coffee powder paste. Mix well.
4. Scoop dough into piping bag and pipe dough evenly on baking tray.
5. Bake at preheated fan oven at 160C for 13-15 minutes or browned.
Wish all my Chinese readers,