There seemed to have some chiffon cake baking craze lately. It reminded me that I had not baked chiffon cake for quite sometime. Since Honey Bee Sweets Chestnut Chiffon Cake is a new flavour for me, I decided to try this out as I have the necessary ingredients. I also frosted my chiffon cake this time, and it became a totally new kind of cake experience. All this time, I like to eat my chiffon cake as it is...didn't really like to frost it. However, after frosting, it tasted good too! This is a really easy and nice chiffon cake to make...I baked two in a row! ;)
Recipe for Chestnut Chiffon Cake, adapted from HBS.
(Makes a 8" tube size pan)
4 Egg yolks (approx. 70g)
70g Vegetable oil
125g Chestnut puree
100g Top flour
4 Egg whites (approx. 190g)
80g caster sugar
Chestnut Frosting (optional)
120 Chantilly cream
80g Chestnut puree
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg yolk, water, oil and mix well. Mix the milk into the chestnut puree, and add into the yolk batter.
- Stir till all is incorporated. Lastly, stir in the the top flour with a whisk and making sure there is no lumps when all is combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add in all the egg whites and beat till foamy. Gradually add in the caster sugar and beat till mixture reaches stiff peaks.
- Add in 3 separate portions of the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture till all is incorporated and no visible white lumps.
- Pour cake batter into tube pan. Use a tooth pick or chop stick to run through the batter to release any air or bubble trapped inside.
- Bake in the preheated oven of 160C for 45mins.
- Remove cake from oven and invert to cool completely before unmoulding.
- Once cake is completely cooled, remove from pan.
- Mix the chantilly cream and chestnut puree, spread it on the cake gently.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Have a slice and enjoy it!