By Passionate About Baking on |
This post is sponsored by Liv butter. Try Liv today!
I've baked numerous butter cakes. Even though I like foolproof ones, which means I always use back the same recipe, I'm also adventurous to try new recipe. I tried Sonia's walnut butter cake. The top browned very fast and is very crispy. I baked it in numerous sizes to give away to my colleagues.
Recipe for Rum & Raisins Walnut Butter Cake, adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover.
(Makes 8 various sizes cakes)
375g LIV Unsalted butter
200g Caster sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
405g Cake flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
5 Whole eggs (large)
6 tbsp of milk
100g Raisins, soaked in Rum for at least 3days
150g Toasted chopped walnut
Some Desiccated coconut (optional)
1. Beat butter, salt and sugar till creamy
2. Add in eggs, one at a time
3. Fold in sifted cake flour and baking powder, alternate with milk.
4. Mix in rum raisins and walnut, don't overwork it.
5. Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top
6. Bake at pre-heat fan oven at 160c for 30mins - 35mins or until cooked (depend your type of oven and baking pan, you adjust accordingly)