Recipe for Maple Roasted Pumpkin Salad, adapted from Martha Stewart.
(Makes for about 6 persons)
300g Pumpkin peeled, seeded, and cut in 1 1/2-inch chunks
5 tbsp Olive oil
6 Garlic cloves, unpeeled
A pinch red pepper flakes
Coarse salt and black pepper
Smoked Paprika powder
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp pure maple syrup
3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 packets (200g) Wild Rockets, washed and dried
1 packet Cherry tomatoes, washed and dried
1 packet Fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Some crushed toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss pumpkin with 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, red pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Roast together with garlic cloves, tossing occasionally, until pumpkin is tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves from sheet pan; set aside. Drizzle pumpkin with 2 tablespoons maple syrup; toss to coat. Return to oven and continue roasting, tossing occasionally, until pumpkin is glazed, 5 to 10 minutes more; let it cool.
- Meanwhile, cut off root ends of garlic cloves; squeeze out garlic and mash to a paste with the side of a knife. Transfer to a bowl. Add lemon juice, mustard, and remaining maple syrup; season with salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, add remaining oil in a steady stream; set aside.
- Add wild rockets and tomatoes, toss to combine. Drizzle the dressing and mix well.
- Serve salad topped with pumpkin and mozzarella cheese and sprinkled with toasted almonds.