Something healthy to chew on. Chewy Oatmeal Raisins Cookies was I thought will go with coffee.
Recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Raisins Cookies, adapted from Martha Stewart.
Makes approx. 2" 20 cookies
1 1/2 cups Rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1/2 cup Plain flour
1/2 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Nibbed almonds, toasted
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Fine salt
6 (90g) tbsp LIV Unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Dark-brown sugar, packed
1 large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, raisins, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl as necessary.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Gradually add oat mixture; beat just until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven of 170C until cookies are golden brown but still soft, 15-16 mins, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.