Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

It's been a while since I baked cookies. Weirdly, I'm not a great fan of cookies, but I do like cookies once a while though. I like cookies to go with coffee. And, that's about it...

Something healthy to chew on. Chewy Oatmeal Raisins Cookies was I thought will go with coffee.
Recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Raisins Cookies, adapted from Martha Stewart.
Makes approx. 2" 20 cookies


1 1/2 cups Rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
1/2 cup Plain flour
1/2 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Nibbed almonds, toasted
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Fine salt
6 (90g) tbsp LIV Unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup Dark-brown sugar, packed
1 large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract

  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, raisins, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl as necessary.
  3. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Gradually add oat mixture; beat just until combined.
  4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto two baking sheets. 
  5. Bake in the preheated oven of 170C until cookies are golden brown but still soft, 15-16 mins, rotating sheets halfway through. 
  6. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.


busygran said...
May 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Your cookies remind me that I have a bag of rolled oats sitting in my cuoboard! Looks good with a cuppa coffee!

recipes said...
May 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I love this recipe ! Reminds me of you making soap at home, Mom.
And it's fun to see photos of your house there and see
Dad in that comfy chair we sat in when we visited,
attempting to use the slow internet :)

I can't wait to hear how the soap turned out in terms
of using it. Does it smell different since it is made with
animal fat? Any other differences from vegetable-based soap?

Love you!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!

Related Posts with Thumbnails