Lately, I was quite into cinnamon buns. I felt that I've not found the perfect recipe for cinnamon buns yet. So I tried recipe which I thought could be good. They are good, but I just felt, it's still not there yet, for me. So, it happened that I found this Ninety Minute Cinnamon Rolls which I told myself I had to try.
In the beginning, the dough was not quite easy to handle. However, after resting it, it was easier. I was able to roll it out to the size I wanted. I made many minis and it tasted fantastic. Well, as the name says - 90mins, I used double the time to make my cinnamon rolls. I will make this again, it didn't take as much time as the rest of the cinnamon rolls I made...at least for now.
Recipe for "Ninety Minute" Mini Cinnamon Rolls, modified from Allrecipes.
(Makes approximately 60 minis, or 18 regulars)
265g Whole milk
85g Liv Unsalted butter
200g Bread flour
410g Plain flour
10g Instant yeast
75g Caster sugar
1 large Egg
150g Liv Unsalted butter
10g Ground cinnamon
160g Dark brown sugar
Some raisins (optional)
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let it cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 450g flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well.
- Add the remaining flour, approx. 80g at a time, stirring well after each addition. Continue kneading until smooth, about 15 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter.
- Divide the dough into four. Roll out each dough into a rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. (I sprinkled 2 doughs with raisins)
- Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 15 equal size rolls and place cut side up in a tray (my tray was 13"x15") lined with parchment paper. Place them in the oven and let them rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-19 minutes, or until browned. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tray.