Besides baking blueberry chiffon cake, I also baked Blueberry Lemon Muffins.
Recipe for Blueberry Lemon Muffins, modified from "500 Cupcakes & Muffins" by Fergal Connolly.
Makes 12 regular muffins
115g Unsalted butter, softened
95g Caster sugar
265g Plain flour
1 tbsp Baking powder
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
225g Whole milk
1 tsp Lemon Extract
125g Fresh blueberries
- In a mixing bowl fitted with K-beater, beat butter with sugar.
- Add eggs one at time, mix till incorporated.
- Add lemon extract. Mix well.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder, alternate with milk, ending with flour.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Spoon them into prepared cupcake papers.
- Bake at 180C for 22mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove muffins from the tray and served hot.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- I used my homemade lemon extract and found that the lemon smell wasn't too prominent. I will add 2 tsps in future.
- I also found that one punnet of blueberries was not enough. Two punnets should be nice. Unless you don't mind the buttery muffin taste, then you can safely use one punnet. :)