Chocolate Chips Marble Cake

As the saying goes,"be smart, but don't be a smart alex." Sometimes, simple instructions can also be missed out. Okay, maybe the saying is not so relevant in my case. You see, when I saw Jess baked her Chocolate Chips Sour Cream Marble Cake, I couldn't help but to drool at how deliciously wonderful it looked. I recalled I have a tub of sour cream in the fridge and immediately, I decided to curb my cravings.
Guess what? In my eagerness and determination to make this yummy looking cake, I had forgotten to grease my bundt pan! No prize for guessing correctly how the cake turned out. "Coatless" or "topless" depending on how you viewed browning in the cake. However, fret not! The recipe and the name delivered itself! It's really moist, rich and yummy! Therefore, it's one of those "I am very ugly, but I taste very good" cake for me! LOL!
I didn't follow the recipe completely. I used up my 200ml Bulla light sour cream instead of 175g. I also reduced the sugar till 250g, which I found just nice. I would prefer to omit the chocolate chips next time as I find that the chocolate chips masked the buttery and the chocolate taste of the cake. Maybe I added a bit too much chocolate chips. >_< Anyway, put this into your next "to-bake" list. I'm sure you'll love it too! And don't forget the greasing, otherwise, you'll end up in the same state as me!
I like how each slice of cake has a unique pattern. Each of them has their individual identity!

17 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
October 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Hi Jane,
I would love to try making this cake but there is no one could share the whole loaf with me and don't think both of us could finish it. Well, looking at yours and Jess marble cake really make me drooling. Can see can't eat :(

DG said...
October 30, 2010 at 7:15 PM

The marble on your cake looks pretty and the cake looks moist and delicious.

Edith said...
October 30, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Well all is well! no waste.

ReeseKitchen said...
October 30, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Added in my to-do-list. Thanks for hsaring this, I like the marble effect...:)

busygran said...
October 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Never mind ugly, what matters is the taste! It looks good and I'm sure it'll be gone before you know it.

Wen said...
October 31, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Looks moist and tasty!

Passionate About Baking said...
October 31, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Thanks everyone for dropping by and giving me encouragement and lovely comments. :) Appreciate your precious time.

Grace,
I know what you mean when you say nobody to eat. Guess during this period when you bake less, you'll just have to buy from bakery shop when you have the cravings. :P

Pei-Lin said...
October 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM

LOL! I sometimes can be too anxious and excited ... that I forget about covering some important steps. LOL! To sum it up, I'm a messy baker and cook! HAHA! In Chinese, you can call me "大頭蝦" ...

Yea, I saw that on Jess's too. Despite its "topless" appearance, still looks good to me. What I like about anything marbled is the patterns you get with each slice. Amazing!

Bakericious said...
November 1, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Jane, still looks good to me lei, now you are making me craving for it. Taste still come 1st to me, this cake is definitely great :)

Jo said...
November 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Hi Jane, can I have a slice for my morning coffee. This looks absolutely delish, choc chips plus a marble cake. Wow!

Passionate About Baking said...
November 1, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Hi Pei Lin,
Hahaha... You can be excused for being a muddle head cos you bake, cook and write so well! With your beautiful writting who will take note of the little hiccups in the kitchen. I totally agree with you on the beauty of the marble cakes!

Hi Jess,
Thanks! It's truly a wonderful marble cake, definitely worth keeping and baking again!

Hi Jo,
Okay, a slice for you. We exchange goodies? Hehe...

Anonymous said...
November 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Thats a good marbling effect!

Clare @ Mrs Multitasker said...
November 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Hi jane! Ah i've forgotten to grease my pan before too. Can feel my heart skip a beat when you turn over the LAN and realize there's no movement! Haha. But the cake does look very moist and good!

thecoffeesnob said...
November 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Your cake still turned out really pretty with chocolate chips peeking out everywhere!

Anyway when all else fails, frost I say! :D

Passionate About Baking said...
November 3, 2010 at 6:29 AM

Thanks so much for all your consolations and encouragement.

Clare,
Yeah, you know how it feels when you start to unmould the cake. Your heart just stop pumping for a moment, hoping miracles will happen right? LOL...

Laureen,
Thanks for your tips! I never think of that! Now, I will not despair if I get unsightly tops! Hehe...

quizzine said...
November 6, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I don't have a habit of greasing my pan (read: lazy), and would only despair everytime the cake come out in a dire state :-( Your sliced cake with choc chips looks good!

crustabakes said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Thats a good marbling effect!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!