Variety

We were invited to my aunty's place for dinner on Saturday (together with my parents). I knew I cannot go empty-handed, so I decided to bake Blueberry Chiffon cake for her. Besides bringing just a normal cake, I thought we should have desserts too. So I baked my tart dough, only to realise that it was too thick and a bit salty(??). So I quickly did a non-baked cream cheese tart. I also baked my puff pastry for vol-au-vents.

1. Egg Mayo Sandwich. I did a simple egg mayo for breakfast. Added a pinch of mixed herbs to give it a "herby" taste. This is Aloysius' all time favourite!


2. Blueberry Chiffon. Same recipe, same cake, but for different people.



3. Puff Pastry. Cut these out to make vol-au-vents as appetiser for dinner later. I mixed my salmon as the filling for the vol-au-vent.




4. Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts. I scurried through my stack of recipe, looking for a suitable recipe for tarts after my baked tarts didn't turn out ideal! Fortunately, I found a blueberry cream cheese tart from HHB. Since I've already made blueberry chiffon, I decided to use my strawberry jam instead. After I pressed the crumbs into the paper cups, I realised that my yogurt has already turned bad!! Oh dear! Contingency contingency! Anyway, I proceed with the recipe without the yogurt and added about 7 tbsp of full cream milk (bit by bit to see the texture) into it, then add the gelatin. After that, I dropped a little strawberry jam into each cup and swirl them to give marble effect. I managed to make 14 reg cupcake size and 12 mini cupcake cream cheese tarts.


5 comments:

Elyse said...
February 23, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Mmm, looks like you had quite the dinner affair! Everything looks divine. I must tell you, I would LOVE to have one of those puff pastry tarts in my hands right now. Of course, to be followed by a slice of blueberry chiffon AND a cheesecake tart!

thecoffeesnob said...
February 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Hey Jane :)

The salmon vol-au-vent and egg mayo sandwich look really good! You’ve got me salivating at almost one in the morning!

Passionate About Baking said...
March 2, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Hi Elyse, Laureen & Alanna,
Thank you very much for all your compliments. They definitely looked better than they taste! ;)

thecoffeesnob said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Hey Jane :)

The salmon vol-au-vent and egg mayo sandwich look really good! You’ve got me salivating at almost one in the morning!

whitehaven said...
June 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Hi, thanks for sharing! They look really good and tasty!! :D

http://goodstack.com/

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!