Oreo Cheesecake

My eldest son will request for Oreo Cheesecake as his birthday cake every year. He is simply crazy about Oreos! This year is no exception. For us, I loved baked cheesecakes than cold set ones.

There is one cheesecake recipe which I liked since the day I started using it about two years ago. It was meant to be New York Cheesecake. However, I used oreo cookies as the base instead. This recipe never fails. It always turn out to be good and solid. You'll have to try it to be convinced!
Recipe for Oreo Cheesecake, modified from New York Cheesecake.
(Makes one 10" 1.5" tall and one 10" 2" tall Oreo Cheesecakes)

Ingredients:
4 Rolls of Oreo Cookies, cream removed
80g Butter, softened
1.2kg Cream cheese, softened
350g Fine sugar
235g Whole milk
6 Eggs
305g Sour cream
4 tsp Vanilla extract
40g Plain flour

Method:
1. Grind oreo cookies until fine.
2. Mix oreo cookies with softened butter, then press onto the bottom of the greased springform pans. Place it into the fridge.
3. In the large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
4. Blend in milk, then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
5. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
6. Bake in the preheated oven of 150C for 90mins, or until the sides are firm, but centre still a little wobbly.
7. Turn the heat off, and let the cake cool in the oven with the door ajar for 5-6 hours. I left it overnight.
8. Then chill it in the refrigerator for a few hours before decorating or serving.
9. I decorated it with more crushed oreos, and added mini oreos to make it a true oreo cheesecake!
I baked my two cheesecakes in two separate ovens and both of them yield different outcomes! One of them were firmed at the end of the 90mins, while the other was still wobbly in the centre. One of it cracked while the other didn't. It could be due to the different quantities in the pan too. However, when they were chilled and cut, both yield the same taste-firm and good!

Can you guess which is the wobbly one after baking?

16 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...
December 9, 2010 at 9:10 AM

happy birthday to your sons Jane! the oreo cheesecakes looks very creamy! yummy!

Wen said...
December 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Both cheese cakes look so yummy! I'm tempted to try the recipe. Bookmarked. Thanks for sharing!

Kitchen Corner said...
December 9, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Happy birthday to boy boy and ah girl!! I'm sure all of you enjoy the cheesecake very much! Nothing can beat mum's homemade cheesecake huh!!

DG said...
December 9, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Actually, we are blessed, to have all our kids celebrating their birthday together. I have my 2 boys whose birth date only different 2 days apart, so I always celebrate their birthday on the same day too :)

Both cheesecakes look good & yummy, and thanks for sharing the recipe with us. I would like to guess cheesecake no.2 is the wobbly one, because usually cake that easily burn outside ... the inside maybe not cook yet.

Passionate About Baking said...
December 9, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Hi ladies,
Thanks! You'll really have to try this recipe, but of course, maybe halved the recipe to your own pan size.

DG,
You're really sharp! That's right, the burnt one was still wobbly. But actually what I learnt during a cheesecake workshop was, the cheesecake needs to be lightly wobbly in the centre. It cannot be completely firm thought. This oven does not cook evenly though.
My children's birthday are 10 days apart. But I decided to put them together. Otherwise, I'll be very busy! Hahaha...

Honey Bee Sweets said...
December 9, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Hey Jane,
The baked oreo cheesecakes looked scrumptious! Have yet tried the baked version...must be better. Must try it next time, thanks for the recipe. :)

The Sweetylicious said...
December 9, 2010 at 8:45 PM

my nephew love oreos too! me too prefer those baked ones compare to no bake. and i'll definitely try it (: thank you! (:

Passionate About Baking said...
December 10, 2010 at 8:08 AM

Thanks HBS. Let me know how you like it after you have tried it.

Hi sweetylicious,
Do try it. I hope you like it too!

Bake for a Queen said...
December 11, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I love Oreos too, so this will surely be in my "to bake" list. Thank you :)

Jo said...
December 11, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Hi Jane, gorgeous cheesecakes and your son definitely has taste!

Passionate About Baking said...
December 12, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Thanks Jo!

Thanks Bake for a Queen. You must try this cheesecake. Let me know how it goes!

Quay Po Cooks said...
December 14, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Jane,
I have no doubt this will taste good. Both my favorites are there. Oreo and Cheese!

The Sweetylicious said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

my nephew love oreos too! me too prefer those baked ones compare to no bake. and i'll definitely try it (: thank you! (:

Haley McAdams said...
September 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

This is a really great recipe that I can work with my little sis! Oreo is one of the best cookies I ever tasted and I can't believe how many recipes you can make out of it.

passionbaker said...
October 1, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Haley, hope you'll try this. I'm sure you'll love it as much as my son!

CBD said...
January 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I cloud not find the Chocolate Croissants yet, but this nice Oreo Cheesecake will do the job. Lets get to work. Printing.............

Mari From: Business Plan Resources

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!