Food on Royal Caribbean, Legend of the Seas (Part II)

One of the best lure for this cruise is the fine dining food. The "Romeo & Juliet" restaurant serves the best food. Every meal has different menus. Desserts were ordered separately after the main course. The service staff are very professional. They also took care of the children well. Being a proper fine dining place, they prioritise the ordering and serving of food to the children first, followed by females, then the males. So be prepared to be treated well damned well.

Our breakfasts were usually taken at Windjammer cafe which was buffet, except for the last day where my sisters and I decided to have a-la-carte breakfast at Romeo & Juliet. On day 2 and 3, high tea were served from 3-5pm. There were also snacks available all day at Solarium, which is in the indoor pool. The fries were very very good!

Our dinners were taken at Romeo & Juliet. Yes, they only have two proper dining venues. However, we were not complaining. Their foods were all prepared with pride. There is a paid-cafe, which we didn't bother to visit. There were two timings for dinner seating - 5.45pm and 8.00pm. We took the earlier slot. They will ensure that all are seated before being served.

Day 3 lunch was at Windjammer, as there was Poolside barbeque, which can be brought into the cafe. We didn't take much during the lunch, and opt for some light snacks from Solarium and Windjammer cafe in the afternoon. The good thing was that we were able to bring our foods to where we were, which was usually at the pool. You can imagine, seating by the pool, wearing your sunglasses, getting some light tan or with a book on your hand, with some fries, taco chips and drinks beside you. Isn't this heavenly?

I shall now tempt you with the foods we had.
Entrance to Windjammer Cafe.
Day 1: Buffet lunch at Windjammer
 Lunch buffet spread
 Day 1: Fine dining at Romeo & Juliet (R&J). 3-course meal. You get to choose your appetiser, main course and dessert. Actually, you can choose anything you like, two appetisers or two desserts, if you can finish them. This was my choice.
 Other selections by my family members-lobster bisque, duck drumstick, noodles, salmon etc.
 A sample of the dessert menu.
Day 2: Lunch at R&J. My choices.
 Other menu selections include cheese pasta, beef burger, spinach rolls, white chocolate cheesecake, peanut tart, almond chocolate cake etc.
 Day 2: Dinner at R&J. My choices.
Other selection include crab & egg soup, shanghai noodles, pork chop, cherry in kirsch cake, strawberry pavlova etc. 
 Day 2: Poolside supper buffet from 10.30pm till midnight. The spread was good too!
 Day 3: Dinner at R&J. These were what I had.
 Other selection include chicken breast with herbs, northern lamb shanks, chicken marsala, scallop salad, warm chocolate cake, angel cake and chocolate ice cream etc.
 Day 4: Breakfast at R&J. My sumptuous breakfast!
 I had the cheese omelette too!
 My brother-in-law's choice.
During one of the morning, there was an activity on "Make a cake challenge". I was being "volunteered" by my sister to be in the challenge. I was pretty nervous to be on the centre stage, together with two pastry chefs from the restaurants. They were actually very nice. We were to frost the Blackforest Cake within 20 mins. The compere, Paul, who is also the Cruise Programme Director was really funny. I think he purposely frosted the cake horribly and created lots of jokes in order to make the participant more at ease.

I was being guided by the chef on my left. In the end, I think I did quite alright for the frosting. Afterall, I'm just practicing what I had learnt. After we have completed the frosting, all the audience were treated to a slice of the pre-baked Blackforest Cake. It was really yummy! I had a truly wonderful time! The company I was with, made a lot of difference to this wonderful holiday!

12 comments:

ReeseKitchen said...
December 22, 2010 at 9:56 AM

All the food looks so yummy!!! You really had a nice trip..:) Oh what a good challenge to make a cake in front of so many people...I can't do that!!..;p

Wen said...
December 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Must be fun to participate in cake challenge and the food looks great!

The Sweetylicious said...
December 22, 2010 at 10:38 AM

fun and happy trip with nice food = la dolce vita (: (:

Passionate About Baking said...
December 22, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Hi Ladies,
Yes, I had a great time feasting all the wonderful food. Ya boy, I was really nervous trying my best to "perform" in front of so many people. That was why I kept looking down, don't dare to look up! Hahaha....

Kitchen Corner said...
December 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM

WOW Jane! You and your family are really well served in this journey! There are plenty of good food! I hope could try out their desserts, especially the blackforest cake! Beside, the staircase looks grand! Quite like the Titanic one hahaha :)

Bakericious said...
December 22, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Jane, the cruise looks so diff from Star Cruise! I am sure I will be enjoying too... Your blackforest cake is so pretty, wish to have a slice.

Passionate About Baking said...
December 22, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Hi Grace,
Yes, my children enjoyed themselves very much, and so do I! You have been onboard Titanic? Hahaha...The centrum is sure very grand with its stairs!

Hi Jess,
Yes, this RC is different class from SC. It's much nicer and posher! I didn't get to try the cake I decorated. Should have asked the chef to give me, as requested by my sister. Haha...:>

DG said...
December 24, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Your cruise journey seems very interesting! Somemore, you got chance to join the cake challenge on board hahahah .... your blackforest cake definitely looks perfectly decorated!
Wishing you & your family merry christmas & happy new year!

DG said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Your cruise journey seems very interesting! Somemore, you got chance to join the cake challenge on board hahahah .... your blackforest cake definitely looks perfectly decorated!
Wishing you & your family merry christmas & happy new year!

Jess @ Bakericious said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Jane, the cruise looks so diff from Star Cruise! I am sure I will be enjoying too... Your blackforest cake is so pretty, wish to have a slice.

The Sweetylicious said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:52 PM

fun and happy trip with nice food = la dolce vita (: (:

Amanda said...
February 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM

It is look like they have enjoyed alot on their cruise trip. Nice well decorated food. nice Deserts. Dhow cruise Dubai

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!