Birthday Bash!

It was a few days', a few meals of celebrations. My parents and sisters celebrated my birthday with a long-promised-promotion treat from my youngest sister. We had dinner at Sushi-Tei. It was really sumptuous!! She was really really generous in ordering all the good food. Yummy! Thank you Christy!


The other sister bought two cakes for me. One is an Opera Cake which I got to bring home, and the other was a Hazelnut cake with crispy layer to share with them. It was an evening of glutton! They were very kind to tell me that for my birthday, I should not be baking a cake, and rather, they will buy a cake for me! :) Thank you Irene!


On my actual day on 8th, I did a cake order for my colleague in the morning. For lunch, my dear hubby brought me to


I told him I wanted to try French cuisine and so, he agreed that we should go to Au Petit Salut for a little indulgence. Both of us ordered the $58+++ set menu, as we preferred the food for this menu. It was the first time I tried foie gras. Okay, I'm rather "swaku" I know, which is why I wanted to try. My main course was duck leg confit. It's something my elder sister had done for us previously and I like it. My hubby had the lobster bisque and beef tenderloin. The beef tenderloin was really good, and was surrounded by very fine mashed potatoes!


Finally, for the dessert, it was presented in a very lovely and thoughtful way! My husband had called earlier to request for a cake for my birthday. However, they informed him that they don't have cake in the restaurant and he just let it pass. He was also pleasantly surprised by the beautiful presentation! It was really a very wonderful dining experience to remember. We were quite surprised that on a Monday lunch, the place was packed!!! It just goes to show how good this place is then!


As for dinner, we brought our family to Swensen's and invited my 3rd sister to join us. I managed to get myself a complimentary Firehouse after our dinner. Doesn't everyone do that for their birthdays in Swensens? Hahaha... I'm a bit cheap skate. My hubby commented, for lunch for both of us, we spent about $140, for dinner for a total of 10 persons, we spent about $120! What a vast difference! :) I think it's the total dining experience that counts, don't you?

13 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
June 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hi Jane,
You've a wonderful birthday for this year. So many people celebrating for you. I believe it's such good feeling that all people around you are so love you and care about you. God bless!

Quinn said...
June 10, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Happy Birthday! Nice french lunch!

Passionate About Baking said...
June 10, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks! Yes, I'm really blessed. You too! :)

Hi Quinn,
Thank you too! Yup, french indulgence! :p

quizzine said...
June 11, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Hi Jane,
Happy belated birthday! Nice to have family members celebrating together! Foie gras - my ultimate favourite...yummy!
Cheers,

Passionate About Baking said...
June 11, 2009 at 9:41 AM

Hi quizzine,
Thanks thanks! Foie gras has just made it to my favourite list! Heehee...

Sugar Inc® said...
June 13, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Happy belated Birthday Jane!! =)

Yuri said...
June 15, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Happy Belated Birthday my dear fren. Was on leave so didn't check your blog.

Small Small Baker said...
June 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Happy belated birthday. Hope it's not too late. :)

Passionate About Baking said...
June 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM

Hi Anna, Yuri & SSB,
Thank you for your well wishes. It's never too late to wish, so no worries! Better late than never. :))

thecoffeesnob said...
June 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Happy belated birthday, Jane!

Au Petit Salut's my favourite restaurant in Singapore. I always go for exactly what you had- foie gras, duck confit and the chocolate fondant :)

Passionate About Baking said...
June 19, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Thanks Laureen!
It was my first time there though. Didn't know what I had were all your favourites! You have expensive taste don't you? Hahaha... But I like them too!

Passionate About Baking said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks! Yes, I'm really blessed. You too! :)

Hi Quinn,
Thank you too! Yup, french indulgence! :p

Yuri said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Happy Belated Birthday my dear fren. Was on leave so didn't check your blog.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!