Orange Cupcakes

Okay, it's not true that I only bake on weekends. I'll do some bakings during the weekdays evenings too. Can't wait till weekend to touch the oven and the mixers! Being an impatient person I am, I like to get things done fast and efficient. My colleague ever told me that going window shopping with me is quite stressful because I walked rather fast. If nothing catches my eye, I'll just zoomed by them without stopping even to browse. But I can't say the same when I'm in Daiso. Everything there just made me stop to see and touch.

Anyway, I decided to bake some orange cupcakes for my family's breakfast on Friday. Decided on Alex Goh's recipe. But I think I didn't do it correctly as it called for mixing flour and butter together first, then fold into beaten eggs. By the time I folded everything in, I realised the volume was just the flour and butter volume. Wondered if the beaten eggs' bubbles were all burst...


Anyway, the fragrance was really nice as it included orange zest. I just love that orange citrus smell and taste. I've decided to "throw in" some ganache so as not to make it too plain.


3 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
September 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Hi Jane,
I'm always waiting to see your new post. You've been very busy, many of the blogger miss your baking leh.. :)
Soft and fluffy orange cupcakes. I would like to give it a try but in strawberry flavour. Do you have any recipe of strawberry cupcakes?

Passionate About Baking said...
September 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks very much for your encouragement always! I don't have fans lah, only you were waiting for my posts. Heehee... Thanks for being so loyal leh.
Hmm...why in strawberry flavour? You don't like orange? Or you have lots of strawberries to spare? I see you're into cupcakes now ya? I found one strawberry yogurt cupcakes in "Little Corner of Mine" blog. Let me search and send you the link?

Kitchen Corner said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hi Jane,
I'm always waiting to see your new post. You've been very busy, many of the blogger miss your baking leh.. :)
Soft and fluffy orange cupcakes. I would like to give it a try but in strawberry flavour. Do you have any recipe of strawberry cupcakes?

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!