Lemon & Tomato Salmon

Since it was a public holiday on Monday, I decided to prepare dinner for the family. It's like once a while treat for them! Heehee... Usually my domestic helper will cook lunch and dinner, but on Monday, I took over the dinner. She can cook very good chinese food. After all these years, her cooking has improved a lot and I can trust her with any new recipes. For me, it's more western type of cooking, which involves baking. Mainly because, I trust myself more with my oven. :p


I read in some SHAPE magazine about Lemon & Garlic Salmon which seemed very easy to prepare and very healthy too! So I copied down the recipe in my handphone and tried to replicate the dish. I did this with some modification. I also baked some herbed potato wedges which was also a sold-out for that evening! Of course, salad was also made to make the meal complete!



Recipe for Lemon & Tomato Fish (modified)
(Makes for 5 adults)

Ingredients:
600g Salmon fish fillet
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1 clove Garlic finely diced
1 Onion thinly sliced
4 Tomatoes, unseeded and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Brown sugar
2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese and Mozzarella Cheese

Method:
1. Remove skin from fish.
2. Marinate fish with lemon juice, salt and pepper at least 1 hour before.
3. Place in a swallow oven proof dish.
4. Top with garlic, onion and tomatoes.
5. Sprinkle with sugar.
6. Pour ketchup over the fish.
7. Spread cornflakes evenly over the fish, followed by cheese.
8. Bake in oven at 180C for 30mins or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
9. Serve with green salad.


4 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
September 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM

WOW Jane! The salmon looks very yummy leh!! Very appetizing! I've no confident to cook for you already :P

Passionate About Baking said...
September 26, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Hi Grace,
You're just too humble! This salmon is really good, because it's really easy to prepare! You can prepare many more good food than me! I can't wait to sink my teeth into your good foods! ;)

Kitchen Corner said...
September 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Ai yo yo... just hope my food will not poisoning you then will be good enough :)
Salmon is my favorite fish, I must give this a try. Cheers!

Kitchen Corner said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Ai yo yo... just hope my food will not poisoning you then will be good enough :)
Salmon is my favorite fish, I must give this a try. Cheers!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!