Recipe for Mini Wholemeal Scones, adapted from "Okashi"
(Makes approx. 21 mini scones)
50g Wholemeal flour
170g Top flour
1 Tbsp Baking powder
30g Caster sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
80g LIV Unsalted butter, cold and cube
110g Egg yolk and milk mixture (combine 1 egg yolk with enough fresh whole milk to make up to the amount)
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter and use your fingertips to rub flour into butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and egg yolk mixture and mix with a scraper.
- Pour dough on a floured surface and knead lightly. Roll out to a thickness of 1.5-2cm.
- Dust a 2-cm pastry cutter with flour, then cut out as many rounds of dough as possible.
- Place rounds on a baking tray as near as possible, and brush with milk.
- Bake at 190C fan oven for 13mins until scones are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve scones warm with jam and cream.