Requested from my children again after I made these rich Double Chocolate Chips Cookies for their teachers.
Recipe for Double Chocolate Chips Cookies, modified from Joy of Baking
Makes approximately 50 thick 2.5" cookies
230g LIV Unsalted butter, room temperature
180g Light brown sugar
2 Large eggs
1 1/2tsp Vanilla extract
260g Plain flour
60g Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Fine rock salt
500g Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line baking trays with baking papers.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one by one, followed by vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in two batches. Mix till just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips thoroughly.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, place the batter on the prepared trays, spacing about 3cm apart.
- Gently use your fingers to flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 mins, or until the cookies are still soft in the centre but firm around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 mins before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.