Recipe for Cranberry Lemon Curd Cream Cheese Buns
Makes 18 large buns
Bread dough modified from atKokken. (I've been using this recipe for all my sweet soft buns)
100g Wholemeal flour
150g Boiling water
320g Bread flour
80g Plain flour
11g Instant yeast (1 pkt)
100g Fine sugar
4g Fine salt
2 nos. Whole eggs
80g LIV Unsalted butter
Some dried cranberries
1 portion of Lemon Curd Cream Cheese (recipe below)
- Mix water roux ingredients together in a bowl. Cover bowl with cling wrap and store in fridge overnight.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, add all the ingredients except butter and water roux. Start mixing at slow speed. Then increase to medium speed and continue kneading until dough lifts from the wall of the mixing bowl.
- Add the water roux and continue to knead for 3 mins at low speed.
- Add butter and increasing kneading speed to medium.
- Continue kneading for 15 mins on medium speed until dough is no longer sticky and does not break when pulled to perform window test.
- Cover with cling wrap and leave to proof in a warm area for 45mins.
- With lightly floured hands and table top, knead (6) to form a smooth round ball.
- Divide the doughs into 18pcs. (I estimated, did not weigh. Each dough is approximately 55g)
- Roll each dough into a round ball and leave to proof for 10mins.
- Flatten each ball and roll out to a circle with a rolling pin. Scoop half a tablespoon of the cream cheese filling into the dough and very carefully seal the edges of the dough to form a ball. Then flatten each of them.
- Randomly placed cranberries on the doughs. (for the remining doughs, I made into cheese & sugar buns).
- Use baking paper to cover the dough and let it proof for another 1 hour. (I used baking paper and rubber band to tie it to prevent it from expanding upwards.)
- With the baking paper on the dough, placed another baking tray on top of the proved dough.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 190 for 18mins or until browned.
Lemon Curd Cream Cheese Fillings
(Makes for 12 buns)
230g Cream cheese
70g Icing sugar, sifted
2 tbsp Lemon Curd (refer to recipe here)
- Cream the cream cheese with icing sugar until smooth.
- Add lemon curd. Mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.