For this gathering, I made Baked Bolognase Pasta, Smoked Ham Gratin, and Chocolate Tartlets. We also ordered a Turkey from the local supermarket. When my spouse collected it, we realised it was not cooked! I had to hurry through my bakings so as to roast the turkey. Fortunately, the turkey wasn't too tough!
Overall, my guests were happy with the food I served. Thank goodness! :)
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix till well blended.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into the batter.
- Gather them into a dough.
- Flatten dough into a disc and cover with plastic cover.
- Refrigerate for 30mins.
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into a 0.3cm thick sheet.
- Use a round cutter to press out the dough.
- Place dough into prepared tartlet tins, ensuring that dough is well pressed into sides and bottom of the tin. (I used a 12 mini muffin tray for the tarts).
- Bake the crust at 180C for 12-15mins.
- Let it cool completely before filling.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Add the hot cream into the chocolate and let it stand for 1 min.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Spoon the ganache into the tartlets.
- Refrigerate till firm before consuming.