Recipe for Pane Al Cioccolato, extracted from "The World of Bread" by Alex Goh.
(Makes 2 loafs)
450g Bread flour
150g Wholemeal flour
1 tsp Salt
50g Fine sugar
380g Cold water
130g Chocolate Chips
- Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
- Add (C) and continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
- Add (D), mix till well combined.
- Mould dough into a ball. Cover with clear film and leave it to ferment in warm place for 50-60mins.
- Mould dough into a ball again and let it rest for 10mins.
- Knead dough one last time, shape it back into a ball, then put it into a loaf pan, greased and lined with baking paper.
- Let it prove for 60mins then bake it at 190C for 30mins. Bake on low shelf, using both top and bottom heat.
- The bread will rise quite high, so to prevent the top from burning, cover it with foil after it's been in the oven for 20mins.