Recipe for Cashew Nut Cookies from QBB website (with some modification).
Makes approximately 65 cookies.
120g Caster sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
300g Plain flour, sifted
80g Desiccated coconut
1/2 tsp Salt
65 Cashew nuts
1 small egg, beaten for glazing
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cream QBB, sugar, extract and egg yolk until light.
3. Stir in sifted flour, salt and coconut to combine into a dough.
4. Gather them together and pluck out some about a 20cts coin size.
5. Use your thumb to flatten them until about 5mm thick, and place them on the prepared trays.
6. Brush lightly with the beaten egg and place a piece of cashew nut in the centre of each cookie.
7. Bake in the preheat oven for about 20mins or until golden brown.
8. Leave on the tray for about 5 mins, then transfer them onto a wire rack.