Rendezvous

She was wearing a black top and jeans, sitted on a green plastic bench in Vivo City. She saw me waving from afar. Her face broke into a beautiful smile as she stood up and walked towards me. As we moved nearer to each other, we extended our hands and give each other a warm hug. We were just too happy to see each other again.


I brought her to HK Kim Gary for lunch as she mentioned that she missed HK food. We ate and chatted at the same time. Just talking about everything and anything under the sun. Guess we were just too comfortable with each other that we shared very openly.


After a good lunch, we took the train to Chinatown. As I've not been to Sia Huat, I thought we could go there and take a look. We were "wowed" by the kitchen equipment that they carried. We also kept visualising ourselves having a bakery together and we can buy this equipment or that equipment to use. It was pretty fun!


And further down the street was another shop- Lau Choy Seng. We also went in to check out their items. These items were just too commercialized for us homebakers. After the walk in the hot sun, we decided to take a rest and have a drink. I brought her to the chinatown market for a drink and recommended the "zhu chang fen" to her. As we were still very full from our lunch, we just had a drink to cool ourselves. After a short rest, we took a bus down to Sun Lik. She bought some stuff while I left the shop empty-handed. We parted from there. It was truly an afternoon well spent in catching up and sharing our experiences.


As usual, we made some goodies for each other. We knew that we will appreciate each other's efforts. These were the gifts from me.

Chocolate Kueh Lapis



Almond Cookies



Pineapple Tarts



Her wonderful baking gifts for me:

Vanilla and Chocolate Cookies



Peanut Cotton Cheesecake



Thank you Grace! For being a wonderful companion for an afternoon and your lunch treat! At least I know you'll be here to stay. :) Enjoy your trip home!

10 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...
January 27, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Hi Jane,
Your buddy hardly describe how happy she is today and she is truly overwhelming by your friendship. Brilliant thanks!

Quinn said...
January 27, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Awww, you two are making me so jealous I wish I could join the meet up and get free goodies, haha! I know I'm cheapskate. I'm glad you ladies had fun! Can anyone tell me if any of you have tried Ben & Jerry Ice cream? I heard there's one in Vivo City.

Passionate About Baking said...
January 27, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Hi Grace,
I can read your mind. You don't have to say anything, your expressions tells a lot about you! ;)

Passionate About Baking said...
January 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hi Quinn,
Aw, you're most welcome to join us when you come to Sgp. Anyway, you're gonna have fun with your blogger friends soon, aren't you? I've not tried the Ben & Jerry's at Vivo though. Maybe one day. Wait for you to come first! ;)

Zurin said...
January 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

what a lovely meet up And cookies!!!! tq for following n visiting me ,,u have a lovely blog.

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...
January 29, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Awwww ... what a wonderful post! It's so nice to read about friendship. Food brings people together, doesn't it? Such wonderful treats you shared with each other. :)

missy said...
January 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM

dats lovely!! i also want some!

Passionate About Baking said...
January 29, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Hi zurin,
Thanks very much for visiting me! My blog is not as wonderful as yours actually. You have a very beautiful blog. I love your blog!

Passionate About Baking said...
January 29, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Hi Ju,
Oh yes! I think bloggers like us who loves to cook and bake shared many interests. Therefore, it's very easy to find friendships if all of us take the effort to, don't you agree? Just like you and Zurin? ;)

Passionate About Baking said...
January 29, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hi Missy,
Sure, we can share the goodies. :)

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!