Rain has been pouring since early morning on Christmas Eve. However, it has not dampened my mood to bring to my twins out for my dept's Christmas Eve breakfast buffet in town. I woke up early and excited about bringing the kids out. Their eldest brother was not, he has gone to stay with his maternal grandparents. So, it's twins & mummy bonding time!
Back in the afternoon, I baked some sardine buns to be brought over to my parents' place for my sisters. I also made some dessert & cheesecake last night. Dinner was chilli crab bought by my dad. Instead of turkey, we had chilli crabs. Quite an unusual way of dining for Christmas Eve! Anyway, have lots of fun during this festive season!
Mixed Fruits Mousse. Bottom layer is almond sponge cake, followed by blended mixed fruits with whipped creams topped with chocolate ganache.
New York Cheesecake from Allrecipe. This is the best NY Cheesecake I found. Decorated it with a dope of whipped cream & mini mandarin orange. This recipe is a keeper.
Sardine Buns. Used the usual sweet bun dough. Stuff them with sardines.
Recipe for New York Cheesecake from Allrecipe (with some modification)
10 digestive crackers, crushed (estimated)
20g butter, melted
450g cream cheese
150g white sugar
115g greek yogurt
1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
15g plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Grease a 8" springform pan. (I usually lined my springform with aluminmum foils).
2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
4. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate.
5. Mix in yogurt, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
6. Bake in bain marie in the oven for 1 hour.
7. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking.
8. Chill in refrigerator until serving