Gula Melaka Butter Cake

Whenever I want to bake on Sundays, I would need to find an easy recipe to do so, because I only have mornings to do my baking. It's been a while since I bake a cake for my in-laws, so I decided to bake this Gula Melaka Butter Cake, also known as Palm Sugar for Gula Melaka. Thanks to Victoria, the cake was really fragrant and nice. 

I also made a Gula Melaka swiss roll incorporating the palm sugar into the whipped cream. I used Jeannie's recipe for the vanilla swiss roll. Thankfully, the swiss roll turned out well, the gula melaka in the whipped cream was really light and nice, not too sweet for our palate.
swissroll_gulamelaka01
cake_gulamelaka06
Recipe for Gula Melaka Butter Cake, adapted from Victoria Bakes.
(Makes 3 mini and 1 regular)

Ingredients:
A
200g Gula melaka (Palm sugar), chopped
100g Coconut cream
B
250g Unsalted butter
23g Brown sugar
C
5 Eggs, large
D
200g Top flour (or cake flour)
1/2tsp Baking powder
1/8tsp Baking soda
cake_gulamelaka01
Method:

1. Place A in a saucepan with low heat. Stir until gula melaka has melted and bring to a gentle boil. Let it cooled totally.
2. Sift D and set aside.
3. Place B in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
4. Add in C in 3 batches. Ensure they are thoroughly mixed in each batch.
cake_gulamelaka02
5. Alternate A & D in 3 batches, ending with D. (I sieved out A as there was some charred bits.)
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pans - 3 mini and 1 regular pan loaves.
7. Bake in preheated oven of 160C for 40-45mins. I removed the minis from the oven after 40mins and continue baking the regular for another 5 mins.
cake_gulamelaka03
8. Let it cool before cutting and serve.
cake_gulamelaka04 cake_gulamelaka05 cake_gulamelaka07

1 comments:

Sunshine said...
November 1, 2016 at 10:54 PM

This sounds so delicious, my family always enjoys a good butter cake recipe.

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!