Recipe for Strawberry Swiss Roll.
(Makes a regular roll)
Swiss roll cake sheet
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Line the base of 30x30cm cake tray with baking paper.
- Warm butter and milk till butter has melted. Set aside.
- Using hand mixer, beat the egg white with sugar (add the sugar gradually) until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the egg yolks into the egg white, beat with low speed for 1 minute.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and fold to combine.
- Add the strawberry extract and red colouring into the butter mixture and mix well.
- Scoop 1/4 of the egg batter into the melted butter and stir well to combine.
- Then pour the mixture back into the remaining egg batter. Using a spatula, fold to combine well.
- Spread it evenly into the prepared cake tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Remove the cake sheet and let it cool on a wire totally.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add whipping cream and sugar.
- Beat on high speed until thickened and spreadable.
- On the cake sheet, spread out the whipping cream evenly, leaving 1 inch each at the front and end.
- Arrange the strawberries on the cream.
- Roll it out evenly.
- Chill and slice it before serving. Enjoy!